An Angel, by Sir Edward Burne-Jones. Click here to full-size image.
I found this meme at Erin's blog. . .
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your family and friends.
Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
Then tag a whole bunch of people you know. Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. . . probably mostly wrapping paper.
2. Real or fake tree? Fake.
3. When do you put up a tree? The first weekend after my twin sisters birthday (usually the last week of November or the week of December.)
4. When do you take it down? Sometime in early January. . . no set date.
5. Do you like eggnog? I've never tried it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Not sure. . .
7. Hardest person to buy for? Often family - funnily enough, sometimes the people you know the best are the hardest to buy for!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Little children
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Old-fashioned mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know . . . I think most of my Chrissy presents over the years have been very nice. :-)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hmmm. . . does the Lord of the Rings count? What about Narnia? You've got to admit there's something Christmassy about fantasy films. . . okay, my favourite Christmas-themed film is possibly the Muppet's Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Actually my mother does practically all of our Christmas shopping. But, when I'm older, I'll probably leave it til the last moment - me being the hopelessly disorganised person that I am. . .
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe. . .
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Do I have to pick just one food? No! Too hard! My favourite things to eat at Christmas are mince pies, fruit cake, Christmas pudding, and any other home-baked goodies. . .
16. Lights on the tree? Yes.
17. Favourite Christmas song? Hmmm. . . possibly Angels We Have Heard on High - I also like Silent Night and O Holy Night and O Come, O Come Emmanuel and. . .
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We'll have Christmas Day at my [maternal] grandmother's house with my aunts and uncles and cousins. . .
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Nope. . .
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. . . probably at about 5 a.m., if my younger siblings get their way. ;-)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The cynicism towards Christmas that has become so common among adults. We've made a monster out of Christmas - rampant consumerism and hollow traditions have made a soulless consumerist Christmas juggernaut with no heart - and as a result of this, many people have become jaded and disillusioned towards the whole idea of Christmas. We've lost that childlike sense of awe and wonder. . . as a society, we need to rediscover the real meaning of Christmas, and the 'Christmas spirit' of giving and serving others.
23. Favourite Ornament theme or color? Rainbow. ;) i.e., all colours!
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Ham and chicken and salad. . .
25. Favourite Decorations? Anything handmade - delicately painted wooden ornaments, crocheted snowflakes, handmade baubles decorated with sequins and beads, etc. . .
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Books - other than that I'm not sure.
Now, to tag as many people as possible: I tag Isabella, Livi, Bethany, Theresa, Mada, guitargirl, NotMyOwn, Kate, Emily, Jessica, Briar, Cathy, Elizabeth and Charlotte, Elizabeth, Emily, Kate, Andy, dlstaude, and Imogen. Hm, two Emilys, Kates, and Elizabeths! Just a tad confusing?! Oh well. :-)
If you didn't get tagged, feel free to do the meme anyway, and join in the fun!