Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Christmas meme

An Angel, by Sir Edward Burne-Jones. Click here to full-size image.

I found this meme at Erin's blog. . .

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your family and friends.

Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!

Change all the answers so that they apply to you.

Then tag a whole bunch of people you know. Tis the Season to be NICE!



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. . . probably mostly wrapping paper.


2. Real or fake tree? Fake.


3. When do you put up a tree? The first weekend after my twin sisters birthday (usually the last week of November or the week of December.)


4. When do you take it down? Sometime in early January. . . no set date.


5. Do you like eggnog? I've never tried it!


6. Favorite gift received as a child? Not sure. . .


7. Hardest person to buy for? Often family - funnily enough, sometimes the people you know the best are the hardest to buy for!


8. Easiest person to buy for? Little children


9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Old-fashioned mail.


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know . . . I think most of my Chrissy presents over the years have been very nice. :-)


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hmmm. . . does the Lord of the Rings count? What about Narnia? You've got to admit there's something Christmassy about fantasy films. . . okay, my favourite Christmas-themed film is possibly the Muppet's Christmas Carol.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Actually my mother does practically all of our Christmas shopping. But, when I'm older, I'll probably leave it til the last moment - me being the hopelessly disorganised person that I am. . .


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe. . .


15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Do I have to pick just one food? No! Too hard! My favourite things to eat at Christmas are mince pies, fruit cake, Christmas pudding, and any other home-baked goodies. . .


16. Lights on the tree? Yes.


17. Favourite Christmas song? Hmmm. . . possibly Angels We Have Heard on High - I also like Silent Night and O Holy Night and O Come, O Come Emmanuel and. . .


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We'll have Christmas Day at my [maternal] grandmother's house with my aunts and uncles and cousins. . .


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Nope. . .


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star


21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. . . probably at about 5 a.m., if my younger siblings get their way. ;-)


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The cynicism towards Christmas that has become so common among adults. We've made a monster out of Christmas - rampant consumerism and hollow traditions have made a soulless consumerist Christmas juggernaut with no heart - and as a result of this, many people have become jaded and disillusioned towards the whole idea of Christmas. We've lost that childlike sense of awe and wonder. . . as a society, we need to rediscover the real meaning of Christmas, and the 'Christmas spirit' of giving and serving others.


23. Favourite Ornament theme or color? Rainbow. ;) i.e., all colours!


24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Ham and chicken and salad. . .


25. Favourite Decorations? Anything handmade - delicately painted wooden ornaments, crocheted snowflakes, handmade baubles decorated with sequins and beads, etc. . .


26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Books - other than that I'm not sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, to tag as many people as possible: I tag Isabella, Livi, Bethany, Theresa, Mada, guitargirl, NotMyOwn, Kate, Emily, Jessica, Briar, Cathy, Elizabeth and Charlotte, Elizabeth, Emily, Kate, Andy, dlstaude, and Imogen. Hm, two Emilys, Kates, and Elizabeths! Just a tad confusing?! Oh well. :-)

If you didn't get tagged, feel free to do the meme anyway, and join in the fun!


Current Mood: Okay

13 comments:

Jessica McDonald said...

Thank you!! I've been wanting to do this tag! :-)

Have a VERY MERRY and BLESSED Christmas!

~Jessica

The Editrix said...

Sorry I didn't get time last night to comment on your blog and let you know that you're tagged. . . I had been going to do it this morning, but I see you've found out already! :-)

Anna-Ruth said...

Haha Books! Same here!

The Editrix said...

:D

Kate said...

YOU'VE NEVER HAD EGGNOG?????

You poor deprived thing!!!!

If this gives you an unreasonable desire to indulge in such a wondrous Christmas drink let me give you a little advice from the eggnog queen -me. :)

If you go with the store bought stuff, mix it half and half with regular milk. Otherwise it tastes rather concentrated. Too much of a good thing is bad...


Thanks for including me in the tag. I would be delighted to participate.

The Editrix said...

LOL - okay, I guess I'll have to try eggnogg sometime soon! :-)

Andy said...

Thanks for tagging me. I made a start but then lost heart, couldn't keep going with it. I read your answer to #22 and felt convicted, and yet I am unmoved.

The Editrix said...

That's okay. I should have added when I notified you of your being tagged to please not feel under any pressure to do it. . .

To everyone who I tagged, if you want to do it, then by all means give it a go, but please, please don't feel like you have to do it.

Andy, I hope you have a blessed Christmas. :-)

Brittany November said...

Hey-ya! Thank you for tagging me :) I think I did this one a few weeks ago (Yes, a few weeks ago; before the Christmas season really started. LOL!) here were my answers:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? We used to get real, but my aunt Jen is allergic, so we get fake now.

3. When do you put up the tree? Depends

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually before new years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! In moderation, and not with chili. *Gags*

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow. I don't remember!

7. Hardest people/person to buy for? Dad.

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

9.. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, lessen I don't know the person's home address.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm...

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone and A Christmas Story

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I randomly pick stuff up throughout the year.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?Guilty as charged

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's rolls, Christmas cookies

15. Lights on the tree? Of course. What is a Christmas tree without any lights on it?

16. Favorite Christmas song? See my Christmas playlist (As soon as it's back up ;))

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!

18. Can you name all 9 of Santa's reindeer?Dancer, Prancer, Coment, Dixon, Rudolf, Cupid, Comet, Blitzen. Uhhh?

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We usually open one on Christmas Eve

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Happy Holidays! >:-(

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Uhh, Hallmark

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's rolls

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm thinking on putting my Christmas list back up because there have been some additions and some things taken off, whattdaya think? Comments, please!

(Obviously people didn't really care to see my Christmas list again, because I didn't get any requests to put it back up. LOL!)
You need to try eggnog sometime! ;)Have a good day!

The Editrix said...

oops - sorry! LOL!

emme said...

Thanks for tagging me...I just might get around to doing it one of these days...!

Not sure if you're interested...but I gave your blog an award. ☺

~Emily

The Editrix said...

Oh thankyou, Emily! :DDDDDDD

Andy said...

I did it, I did it!
Oh, you have a great Christmas too.