Monday, February 9, 2009

Please pray

I'm sure most of you have heard about the bushfires that have ravaged Victoria. I can't think of words to describe how horrific this is - there are no words. Watching the news on tv is so distressing, so painful. Hearing stories of tragedy, seeing pictures of this hellish disaster zone. . . it's feared that over 200 people have been killed, and many hundreds have lost their homes.

I don't know what else we can do right now but pray - please pray. 

Bushfire Emergency

6 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Dear Elise,
I will keep this alarming situation in my prayers!!
Having just last year experienced multiple dangerous fires in California, I can attest to how scary it can be. How sad that 200 people have been killed and have lost their homes!

Love & Blessings,
Jen

"God is our refuge and our strength,in straits a present aid;Therefore, although the earth remove,
we will not be afraid. " -Psalm 46:1-5

Michelle Therese said...

I can't believe this is happening!

When I lived in Alaska we had lots of forest fires. It was insane but it never wiped out entire towns!

Cathy said...

Yes,I am praying. And so thankful He is allowing me to do this one powerful thing!

The Editrix said...

Thankyou all of you for praying.

Michelle - I know, it's hard for me to get my head around this. Destruction on this scale is so hard to fathom. . . it's just mind-blowing.

Brittany November said...

One of my best friends lives in Melbourne and she has friends that have lost homes. It is so sad.

The Editrix said...

Yeah - there's someone at our church who has a brother who's been caught up in this. - Thousands of people may have lost their homes, but the repercussions are affecting tens of thousands.