Colin Firth won the award for best-ever Mr. Darcy.
Best-ever Mr. Darcy?
Could someone please explain to me what it so good about Firth's Darcy? *Sighs*. I still don't get the Firth-as-Darcy thing. Maybe I never will. I'll take David Rintoul's or Matthew MacFadyen's Darcys over Colin Firth's any day of the week! CF just isn't right as Darcy, in my opinion. Plus, I don't think he's all that good-looking - wet shirt or not.
Sense and Sensibility 2008 picked up three awards - best adaptation, best actor (David Morissey as Colonel Brandon), and best actress (Hattie Morahan as Elinor Dashwood). Hugh Bonneville (Mr. Bennet in Lost in Austen) won the award for best supporting actor.
Matthew MacFadyen as Arthur Clennam in Little Dorrit
Here are the awards Little Dorrit is up for:
- Outstanding Art Direction For A Miniseries Or Movie
- Outstanding Casting For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Miniseries Or Movie
- Outstanding Costumes For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
- Outstanding Directing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
- Outstanding Hairstyling For A Miniseries Or A Movie
- Outstanding Miniseries
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special (Original Dramatic Score)
- Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie (Tom Courtenay [Mr. Dorrit] and Andy Serkis [Rigaud] both received nominations for this award.)
- Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special
Here's hoping it wins them all!