Saturday, July 19, 2008

Extremely Unhealthy Brownies

Over at the Rebelution forums, there's a thread going about baking/sharing recipes, so I thought I'd share another recipe here. Remember I said something about Extremely Unhealthy (but delicious) Brownies in my first post? Well, here's the recipe! These are very rich, full of sugar and butter and cocoa, but they're nice to have as a treat now and then for afternoon tea. They can also be served with cream or ice cream and eaten as a dessert.

Brownies

250g butter or margarine (unsalted is best)
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in cocoa and sugar, cool. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, salt, and vanilla. Pour into 28 by 18cm slice tin, bake in moderate (180 degrees C) oven for 25 minutes.

These freeze very well - I actually prefer to eat them frozen!

When I figure out how to post photos on here you might even get to see a photo of them. ;-)

No comments: