1. Spell Austen with an I - Austin.
2. Refer to Jane Austen as a Victorian. ("Jane was NOT a Victorian, she died YEARS before Victoria was BORN!!")
3. Dismiss all of Austen's works after seeing one bad movie adaptation. ("Never, EVER, judge a book by it's movie!")
4. Dismiss all of Austen's novels on the basis that "nothing happens" in them. ("Nothing happens in them, yet everything that matters happens in them!")
5. Use the first line of Pride and Prejudice to open an article, news piece, or advertisement. It has long ceased to be funny or original.
Do you have any suggestions to add to the list?