Monday, December 6, 2010

A Damsel's Daybook XV


~Hosted by Autumn @ Storygirl~

Outside my window....... Sunshine, for the first time in about a week. We've just had one of the wettest Springs on record.

I am thinking about......... Lots of things.

From the kitchen.......... I made a double batch of Anzac biscuits today. On my mum's suggestions, I made them with freshly ground flour from our wheat grinder for the first time. Normally I dislike the results when I try substituting wholemeal flour for white flour, but the Anzacs turned out quite well.

I am creating ......... Planning on crocheting some snowflakes sometime soon. We'll be setting up our Christmas tree soon!

I am reading......... Getting back into Little Dorrit! I am making some progress at last - nearly 3/4 of the way through now. I also recently read this book. And this one.

I am hearing....... Siblings. A crow outside. Blue wrens. Sparrows.

I am hoping......... That I don't have to speak at the Church Ladies Breakfast in a few weeks time. I can think of few things I dread and dislike more than public speaking.

I am planning.......... To get organised and intentional and active! Inspired by this article.

I am wearing............ Denim skirt, blue cotton tunic top thingummy. Can you tell I'm not into fashion that much? I always have a hard time describing what I'm wearing.

Around the house.......... Lots of bustle and activity. We have guests staying with us at the moment - they have 6 young children! That makes 14 children in the house altogether.

My wish of the week......... That Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be as good as I'm hoping it will be. . .

7 comments:

Deanne said...

and don't forget the 6 that visited this afternoon making 20 oh and you had better not forget the neighbour boy too, so 21- you were inundated!

We really liked the Dawn Treader- we went Friday night (I am rereading the book and dare I say I think the movie is better- more action packed!)

Autumn said...

Lovely post Elise.Thanks for doing ADD. I can't wait for you to say you've seen TVOTDT!!!!!!
Blessings
Autumn.

The Editrix said...

Yes indeed Deanne! 21!! Wow. . . I don't know when we've ever had more children at our place all at once. . . Thank goodness it wasn't raining this afternoon, LOL.

Autumn, neither can I! :D

The Editrix said...

Oh and Deanne - that's interesting! Now I'm even more anxious to see the movie, if that were possible! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Vellvin said...

The movie is great!!!
i can't wait to find out what you thought of it!!
love,
Vellvin.

BigPAPA said...

Wonderful creative idea

Do you mind if I post the same idea-ish on my blog? ( I will link to you of corse)

Anonymous said...

Do you think you could post a general guideline for the snowflakes? I`d love to know how to make them.

~Pumpkin