Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Photobucket
One of the more apocalyptic Nativities I've seen! But a very powerful one. Detail from Concert of Angels and Nativity by Grunewald.

It's just occurred to me that I'd better write my "Happy Christmas" post now! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve here, and we're going to be busy all day!

May every one of you have a HAPPY and BLESSED Christmas, surrounded by family.

And remember the reason why we celebrate this holiday.

This is probably goodbye until next year! Until then -

"God bless us, every one!"

~Elise

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Elise!

Miss Laurie said...

A very blessed and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! I pray that your weekend is filled with lovely surprises, fun times with your family and good opportunities to praise our wonderful Lord!

~Miss Laurie
Old-Fashioned Charm

By the way - I'm really enjoying the "Celtic" Christmas playlist you put up, how lovely! :)

The Editrix said...

Thank you, Ruth and Laurie! Merry Christmas to you both!

Laurie, I'm glad you like the playlist! LOL, I didn't deliberately set out with the intention of selecting a Celtic Christmas playlist, but I suppose that's what it ended up evolving into. :-)

Vellvin said...

Merry Christmas Elise!!!!

Vellvin.

The Editrix said...

Thanks, Vellvin! Merry Christmas to you, too!

Autumn said...

Merry Christmas Elise!
~ Autumn.

The Editrix said...

Thanks, Autumn! Hope you and your family had a lovely day.

And about the new version of "A Christmas Carol" - we all loved it!! I didn't think it was as good as the book - didn't pack quite the emotional punch that the book did towards the end - but I still very much enjoyed it. :-)

And it was funny seeing Mr. Darcy as Scrooge's nephew, and Buttercup as his love interest. ;-)

Oh, and I finished Little Dorrit last night!!! At last!!!

Traxy said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! :)