I've been tagged by three people in the last week or so! Thanks, everyone. :-)
First up, the 8 Question Meme. Anna Maria tagged me for this.
1. Six names you go by:
Miss Lovely (my grandfather has called me this since I was about four years old. . .)
"Zha-zha" (what my baby sister calls me - she can't pronounce my name yet),
"Elii-i-iise" (what my siblings call me when they're annoyed with me).
2. Three things you are wearing right now:
Uhhh. . . a smile! :-)
3. Three things you want to do very badly at the moment:
-Finish reading Lorna Doone
-Re-read The Lord of the Rings
-Read ALLLL of Dickens
4. Three things you did last night/yesterday/today:
-Wrote some more of my story (11000 words now)
-Played some U2 songs on guitar (badly, I might add :P)
5. Two things you ate today:
LOL, I just got out of bed, so: cereal and milk. That counts as two things, right?
6. Two people you last talked to one the phone:
Not sure. I don't talk on the phone much. . .
7. Two things you are going to do tomorrow:
-Write some more of my story
-Read some more of Lorna Doone
8. Your three favourite beverages:
Now, Siminy tagged me for this next one (not sure what it's called).
~Do you like to write? Sort of. . . it's hard work though, as I have discovered this month! I always love writing on my blog, though. :-)
~Favourite books: Haha, you're asking for it here. For a fairly comprehensive (but by no means exhaustive) list of my favourite books, see my profile.
~Do you compose music/write songs? Sort of, not really.
~Do you like poetry? Sometimes. I haven't read much poetry, I should probably read some more.
~Loved someone so much who made you cry? No, thank goodness! (Which, however is a disadvantage when it comes to story-writing. How are you supposed to write a romance novel if you've never been in love? :P)
~Broken a bone? Thankfully, no!
~Been in a police car? No. . .
~Been on a boat? Yes
~Fallen asleep at school? LOL, that would be kind of impossible. . .
~Did you sing today? No
~KFC, Popeyes, or Church's? None!
~Chick-a-flick or What-a-Burger? Huh?
~Starbucks or McCafe? Neither
~What's your favourite time of year? Autumn, but I love all of the seasons.
~Do you ever talk to yourself? All the time - though not necessarily aloud.
~Do you have a favourite treat you like to buy on occasions? Haha, I have to agree with Siminy - a new book! Or a period drama DVD. :-D
~Do you believe the Bible is the literal word of God and is infallible? Yes.
~What's your favourite sport? Cricket!! But I love Aussie Rules, too. And Rugby. And tennis. And pretty much any sport, though I'm not a big fan of soccer.
~What colour is your ipod? I don't have one.
~If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Europe
~If you could go to any fictional place, where would you go? Narnia
~Do you love to write or do you just like writing? Or do you write at all? Depends. But for the most part I love it.
~What do you want to be when you a grown-up? A wife and mother! But career-wise, I have no idea.
~Favourite animal? Hmmm. . . almost any Australian bird species.
~Favourite song? Impossible to say, there are so many. . .
~Do you like school? I like homeschooling, but to be completely honest, I don't like schoolwork, no matter where it's done. . .
~Are you a people person? Because I'm getting the idea that you are! Uhh. . . well, I like people, but I'm very shy. . .
~Do you like to talk? Not generally, no.
~Favourite food? Anything Indian - as long as it's not fiery hot.
~Hobbies? Reading, writing, playing guitar, baking, knitting, crocheting
~Favourite author? Jane Austen, and C.S. Lewis, and J.R.R. Tolkien, and Charles Dickens, and Charlotte Bronte, and Elizabeth Gaskell, and etc. etc.
~Favourite weapon? Uhhh. . .
~Is this a fun tag or are you getting bored? It's fun, but it's long!
~Do you like Hannah Montana and all those girly people and movies like high school musical? No way! Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Miley Cyrus-hater, but I'm not a fan either. . .
~What are you scared of? Public speaking, trying to make conversation with strangers. . .
~Favourite flower? Too many to name
~Colour of your eyes? Green
And this last tag was given to me by Jo March. Do any of you remember this post? Well, the ginormous long post that I wrote and then lost was this very same tag! But I'll have another go at it now. It's a really fun tag, unfortunately I don't have the wit or brains to do it justice! Someone clever could make something really hilarious out of this. (If you're clever, and you're reading this, do this tag!)
List twelve fictional characters that you love from any fandom, and then answer the following questions.
1. Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)
2. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
3. Mr. Collins (Pride and Prejudice)
5. Mrs. Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
6. Legolas (The Lord of the Rings)
7. Reepicheep (The Chronicles of Narnia)
8. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
9. Bilbo Baggins (The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit)
10. Maleficent (Disney's Sleeping Beauty)
11. Prince Charming
12. R2-D2 (Star Wars)
1. Who would make a better college prof, 6 or 11? (Legolas or Prince Charming)
Hmmm. . . that's a tough one. These two characters have quite a bit in common. I'm going to say Legolas.
2. 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed? (R2-D2 and Buzz Lightyear) I'm don't know what the mission was, but I'm sure it succeeded.
3. What is or would be 9's favorite book? (Bilbo Baggins) His own book, of course!
4. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 or 10? (Mrs. Bennet and Bilbo Baggins or Maleficent) Maleficent.
5. 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss? (Darth Vader, Reepicheep, and R2-D2) Hmm, what would those three talk about? It would certainly be a very interesting dinner party. . .
6. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens? (Mr. Collins and Maleficent) ROFL! Maleficent would win, of course.
7. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she/he get it back? (Inigo Montoya and Buzz Lightyear) Haha! What a duel that would be. :-D
8. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire. (Reepicheep and R2-D2) "Rodents and Robots"
9. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together? (Cinderella and Inigo Montoya)
10. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along? (Reepicheep) Splendidly! I'd love to meet Reepicheep!
11. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be? (Mr. Collins) Marry Mary Bennet, not Charlotte Lucas! Get married to someone who will appreciate your intelligence and talent for letter-writing!
12. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11? (Prince Charming) Hmm, maybe. . .
13. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be? (Darth Vader and Cinderella or Mrs. Bennet) Probably Cinderella. She's got marginally more brains thatn Mrs. Bennet.
14. What might 10 shout while charging into battle? (Maleficent) I don't know. . . maybe she'd do her cool evil villainess laugh.
15. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose? (Buzz Lightyear) The West Coast Eagles club anthem. Non-Australian readers won't get that. . . oh well. . .
16. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it? (Inigo Montoya, Legolas, and R2-D2) I've got a feeling it would be Legolas.
17. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10? (Darth Vader and Maleficent) ROFL! Those two would suit each other really well.
18. What would 5 most likely be arrested for? (Mrs. Bennet) Uhhh. . .
19. What is 6's secret? (Legolas) Contrary to what he told Gimli, he actually only reached a count of 41 orcs in the battle for Helm's Deep
20. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first? (Prince Charming and Bilbo Baggins) Bilbo! He's a much more seasoned traveller than Prince Charming.
21. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8? (Reepicheep or Buzz Lightyear) Reepicheep.
1 (Inigo Montoya) and 9 (Bilbo Baggins) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's (Cinderella's) sinister secret organization. 11 (Maleficent) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4 (Cinderella). Meanwhile, 4 (Cinderella) has kidnapped 12 (R2-D2) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Mrs. Bennet), they seek out 3 (Mr. Collins), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
*Is laughing so hard she can't think of a title*
Well, I'm not going to officially tag anyone, but if you'd like to do one or more of these tags, please go right ahead!