Monday, August 3, 2009

Because I'm a hopeless romantic. . .

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall. . . 

I love a good royal wedding! And we haven't one since 2004, with Mary + Frederick in Denmark and Felipe + Letizia in Spain. Prince Charles' wedding to Camilla doesn't count. Neither does Prince Louis of Luxembourg's wedding. True, there was Peter Phillips' wedding, but that was a very low-key affair, too.

Well - getting back on topic - Princess Anne's daughter, Zara Phillips, is getting married! The date hasn't been announced, but Zara's boyfriend of six years, Mike Tindall, has confirmed that there will be a wedding - sometime! Both Zara and Mike are professional sportspeople (Zara equestrian, Mike rugby), so of course they both have very busy schedules - hopefully they will be able to find the time to get married sometime soon!

So that's two royal weddings to look forward to - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, and now Zara Phillips.

I'm sure Zara will be a beautiful bride, and I really, really, hope everything works out well for them! :-)

Sorry, I know this post has been a little bit random. . . but you know the feeling when you hear something so exciting, that you just want to share the news with somebody. . .

10 comments:

Charleybrown said...

I know how you feel! I was excited last year when Peter married Autumn from Montreal and there was a lot of coverage in magazines over here. They seemed like a sweet couple. Nothing will ever compare to the excitement at getting up at 4 in the morning to watch live coverage of Charles and Di...

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Well, who doesn't love a good royal wedding? =D

Just wondering, Elise: why do you say Prince Louis' wedding doesn't count? Thanks.

Barbara said...

I never miss a royal wedding on TV if possible :)

The Editrix said...

Charleybrown - of course, Autumn Kelly is Canadian! I'd almost forgotton! :-D You're lucky - over here, there was barely any coverage at all. I was so disappointed. :-(

I recently watched all of Charles' and Diana's wedding on Youtube. It really is the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen - but it was heartbreaking, too, because I knew as I watched that it didn't end happily ever after.

Embrithiliel - well, Prince Louis and his girlfriend Tessy had a baby out of wedlock - she was 20, he was 19. They were married not long after the baby was born, but it was a pretty low-key event.

Barbara - I don't either! :-)

Mrs. E said...

Fabulous Post!!! :)
Aren't Royal Weddings wonderful?!
*happy sigh*

Love~ Miss Jen

The Editrix said...

Yes, I think they're wonderful! :-)

Ella said...

The royal wedding I am looking forward to is Prince William and Kate...if only he would pop the question

The Editrix said...

LOL, yes. . . the world has been waiting for that engagement announcement for several years. Who knows how much longer we'll have to wait? Maybe William and Kate won't ever marry, after all.

Charleybrown said...

I hope not Elise, but it does seem in recent years, NOT rushing to get married seems to be the trend. Zara & Mike have been living together for the past few years. Peter & Autumn, Charles & Camilla, and Edward & Sophie, all shacked up before finally heading down the aisle. It's sad that the royals are not setting the best example. Wonder what poor Queen Victoria would think?

Aurora said...

I just saw this post, and I wanted to say that I agree with everyone who has written above, I too like a good Royal wedding! And here in Sweden everyone (alright, maybe not everyone, but a lot of people at least) are excited about the upcoming weddings here! Especially Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel's, but also now Princess Madeleine and her Jonas. I don't know how big that wedding will be, but hopefully quite big at least. :-) Their engagement was just announced!