Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Girlebooks

I have just discovered this website. What a great resource! There are dozens of ebooks available *free* for download. The site has a focus on women authors, with many well-known and not-so-well-known classics available.

Included are such authors as: The Bronte sisters, Georgette Heyer, Louisa May Alcott, L.M. Montgomery, Elizabeth Gaskell, Fanny Burney, Mary Grant Bruce, Frances Hodgson Burnett, Johanna Spyri, and of course Jane Austen, as well as many, many other famous women writers.

There is also a blog, with various book reviews to browse through.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing the link with us. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do . . .

Mrs. E said...

Simply MARVELOUS!! :)

Barbara said...

WOW - thanks so much for this link :))))))

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Cool! I love reading-and who can beat free books?

I don't remember exactly how I found your blog, but I really like it- I'm a fan of LOTR, Jane Austen books/movies, literature, history, art- and I too am a daughter of the King. ;)

---Jordan Elizabeth

The Editrix said...

Briar, Jen, Barbara - no worries! :-)

Miss Jordan Elizabeth - thanks so much! LOL, looks like we have similar taste in paintings. ;-)

Emma said...

Thank you for sharing this.
Blessings!

The Editrix said...

No problem! :-)