Friday, August 28, 2009

"The Young Victoria" released in Australia

The Young Victoria

Yesterday - August 27 - was the release date for The Young Victoria. Sadly, I don't know that I'll get to see it on the big screen. The only cinema we have in town is currently undergoing renovations! I might have to wait for the DVD.

Anyways - the majority of Australian reviews seem to be very positive, which is great news. Here is a selection of reviews, as well as various news articles.

At the Movies | The Young Victoria

The Daily Telegraph | The Young Victoria

The Age | The Young Victoria

Herald Sun | Emily Blunt stars in The Young Victoria

The Sydney Morning Herald | Emily Blunt rules as the young Victoria

MovieFix | The Young Victoria

The Age | Sarah Ferguson: Duchess of Hollywood

Can't wait to see it. . . looks like it's going to be a simply scrumptious film! Here's the official trailer:

More links:

Official website

IMDB

Charity's Place

RottenTomatoes

11 comments:

Anna said...

looks great!
can't you download it?
so nice to cuddle on the sofa with chips and a drink and watch a great lovestory!

Barbara said...

It looks like a beautiful film :)

Caroline said...

Lucky you!!! We don't get it the US until November! I can't wait to see it!

Andy said...

looks interesting... but a bit boring? oh well, if it's true to the actual events, will likely be a good film.

shiver... I die a little bit inside whenever someone uses a word to describe food for anything other than that purpose... "That book was delicious", "That movie will be scrumptious", owwww... it's like fingernails on a blackboard!!!

Maggie said...

I can't wait to see this film...well I can...but it will be very difficult:) As Caroline said it will be in the US in November...the 13th I believe. Too long...also the costumes and the music look and sound delightful.

Have a Great Day!

-Maggie

Bria Cosper said...

I can't wait to see this!!! I was in England when this came out for the first time!

Mrs. E said...

Oh my....
sounds WONDERFUL!! :)
I will have to put this
on my "to watch list!"

Love~ Jen

P.S.
Have you seen~
Lark Rise to Candleford?!
I am watching it right now,
and so far it is great. :)

The Editrix said...

Anna - yeah, I probably could download it, but. . . I don't know. . . I feel a bit funny about watching movies online sometimes. If it's an old tv series or really old movie, I usually feel okay about it, but if it's a new release movie. . . :-/ I just prefer to wait and see it at the movies or on DVD.

Andy - ROFL! :-D I'm so sorry - I'll try not to use those words so much in that context. :-)

Maggie, Bria, Caroline - I can sympathise!! In Australia we often have to wait months to see movies that premiere in America way before they do here. It doesn't often happen that we get to see a movie before you do!

Miss Jen - would you believe it, I'm watching Lark Rise to Candleford right now! I recently bought the DVD set on ebay. I'm up to episode 4, and loving it! Post coming soon. . . :-D

Livvy said...

Hello Elise,
I just found your blog, it's very lovely. I can't wait to read more!
Hopefully I will be back soon!

Blessings from your sister in Christ,
~Livvy

The Editrix said...

Hi Livvy! It's lovely to meet you. :-)

Period Movies said...

Ummm...I figured the movie had already been released because I downloaded it the other week. Anyway, it was great! I was generally pleased with Blunt's portrayal, except for a couple of bits where she had the demeanor of a modern suburban teenage girl rather than a royal ascendant. I liked Rupert Friend's portrayal of Albert the best. All in all an extravagant and very 'victorian' film. Hehe